The Belfry Hotel & Resort Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
The Belfry Hotel & Resort is continuously taking action to evaluate policies and the drivers of the gender pay gap to ensure their effectiveness in tackling disparities. The Belfry Hotel & Resort is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to reducing our gender pay gap.
Gender Pay & Bonus Gap
Gender Pay Gap: 6.5% 0.9%
We are proud that our gender pay gap has reduced by 2.4% in the past 2 years. The pay gap in 2021 is due to a lower level of female representatives at certain levels and within certain departments of the business. Our figures remain significantly below the national average Gender Pay Gap for all industries in the UK.
Proportion of employees who receive bonus pay
Gender Bonus Gap: 69% 97%
Our bonus schemes differ by role and level. In this year due to COVID-19, there were significantly fewer people eligible for bonus of which more were males that achieved the criteria to earn a performance bonus. These individuals predominately worked in the senior operations team and supported the resort during the period of closure. The individuals work within departments that attract a higher number of males to females. This is not a true reflection of our usual bonus schemes. In no way does gender factor into the payment of our bonus schemes which is purely driven by performance.
Upper Band 57.8% 42.2%
Upper Middle Band 41.3% 58.7%
Lower Middle Band 52.3% 47.7%
Lower Band 46.4% 53.6%
How we will continue to take action to close the gap;
- Continue to hire the best person for our positions using structured interviews for recruitment and promotions and continue to make hiring decisions regardless of gender.
- Continue to work within salary bandings for roles which are reviewed annually to continue paying men & women equally within equivalent jobs.
- Offer learning & development opportunities across the resort to enhance career progression opportunities for all and ensure all employees are supported to reach their full potential.
- Make readily accessible family friendly policies and encourage shared parental leave.
- Increase workplace flexibility for both men and women by allowing people to work flexibly where possible and encourage senior management to be role models in this regard.
- Consider our gender balance when reviewing the composition of managerial and senior roles so there is a greater balance between genders across the resort.
Our Gender Pay Gap figures have been calculated in line with the regulations set out in the Gender Pay Gap reporting legislation. I confirm that these figures are true and accurate.
Resort General Manager